Architecture Preview #1


Kunsthaus Graz, Austria
The architecture of this structure was Peter Cook and Colin Fournier. Kunsthaus was build  near the 1960's  in Lendkai, Austria. To visit this building you would need an admission pass, so it is not open to the public. The cost to build this amazing building was around $50,000,000 which is a lot. The Kunsthaus Graz was originally built to enhance contemporary art methods.
I chose this building because it reminds me of some UFO or giant spaceship, which I think is really cool. My favorite part about this building is the reflective outside windows, because the reflections would be a perfect photo opportunity to shoot. I'm not sure what teethings sticking out at the top are, but they give the building a lot of personality, and it is definitely not something I have seen before.
Habitat 67, Canada
1. The architect of this building is Moshe Safdie. Habitat 67 was built in 1967, in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.  This structure is a housing complex, but you can visit the area with a tour that is paid for. The cost to build this complex cost about $22,195,920 for the entire structure. Habitat 67 was built as a project for his architecture program.
           I chose this building for many different reasons. First, I am drawn to the shape of the housing spaces because they look very unique to the eye. Also, I like how there is an illusion that some of the houses are almost floating, which I think is a really cool thing. Every house has a different size of cube, so there is a lot of variety to this structure. Overall, this building would be great to photography from different viewpoints and angles. 
Krzywy, Poland
The architect of this building is Szotynscy and Zaleski. This structure was built in the year of 2004 in Bohaterow Monte Cassino  53, Poland. If you book a tour to Krzywy, you can visit this house.  I could not find the price of how much this building costs to build. This house's purpose was to attract people in a shopping center.
I decided to research this house because of the amazing illusion it brings the eye. It almost makes you think the house is bending, or you are dizzy, which I think looks really good in photography. The inspiration of these houses was from a painting, which expresses a lot of the architect's imagination. This house would be so unique and fun to visit in my opinion  because of these reasons. 

La Pedrera, Spain
The architecture of this building is Antoni Gaudi. La Pedrera, or "The Stone Quarry" was build between the years of  1906 and 1912. Because it is a combined apartment and office building, you need an admission pass in order to visit this masterpiece. The cost to build La Pedrera was not found on any of the websites I visited. La Pedrera was named the World Heritage Site in 1984.
I chose to do this building because of the beautiful structure and colors that this building has to offer. Also, I love how the stone looks so historical and rustic, but in the best way. There is not much to the building itself but its simplicity was really appealing to me. I also love the curved rooftops at the top, and it is definitely some place where I would want to visit sometime in my life. 
The UFO House, Taiwan

 The architecture of these homes was Matti Surronen. The UFO houses of Taiwan were constructed in the year of 1978 in Sanzhi District, New Taipei city, Taiwan. You can visit these futures houses anytime, as they are open to the public. I could not access the price of how much the building cost to build. The Sanzhi houses were intended to be a resort for tourists, but the company ran out of money, so they could not continue the project.
I really like these homes, because of how futuristic they look. The pod-like shape gives me a glimpse of new inventions and home layouts. Also, I am very drawn to the different colors of the homes, and they are not just a neutral color. These homes were abandoned after the project was shut down, and this gives then a very rustic look. These homes are super eerie and I think that would be a very creepy and cool place to photograph.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sports Portfolio Notes

HDR Preview

Landscape Photography