Academic Shoot Reflection and Critique

1. I faced a couple challenges in attempting to capture the composition rules you gave us. First, simplicity was difficult to capture because there were many students in a room, and many things that were distracting the viewer from the main subject. Also, getting a clear image was kind of difficult because the students were always moving while working, and we could not manipulate the subjects (students).

2. Overall, I found myself mainly focusing on the clarity and focus on the camera, because the lighting was different in each photo, so the subject exposure would need to be adjusted at times. In order to do this, I found my subject of the image first, and held my camera up to this. Then, I lightly held down the picture button, and it automatically focused on the subject for me.

3. If I could do the assignment again, I would have improved my photos in a few categories. First, I would have mainly focused on avoiding mergers, because a lot of my photos had mergers since the classrooms had many things filling up the backgrounds. Also, finding more appealing angles of my photo could have been something to improve, because in my opinion the angles of my images were kind of bland, and to unique in order to capture more composition rules.

4. If I could do the assignment again, I would continue to focus on my subjects the same, and keep the same exposure of lighting in my images. The lighting created a certain mood to the photo, as i you were seeing the image in real life. My subjects were picked very well, considering the crazy environment of academics and required composition rules.

5. In the next set of prompts given, I think that capturing simplicity will be a lot easier to get on camera. I think this will be easiest because now I know better to look for more mergers very carefully when taking picture of one subject. I also think that the next promo will be a lot easier to capture just one subject, because classrooms are very busy and filled with people.

6. In the next set of prompts given, I think that framing will be the hardest to capture, because it is a very specific composition rule. Framing was already very hard to capture in this academic shoot, because there has to be something that outlines or frames the subject in the image. You also have to have the subject balanced very well to fit the frame, and subjects are hard to capture along with something tat frames them.

7. I am still not totally clear about about the composition rule of balance because is very broad, so I do not know sometimes if something shows balance or not. To improve my knowledge of this rule, I can search up examples of balance, and try to classify what in the photo makes the image represent balance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sports Portfolio Notes

HDR Preview

Landscape Photography