Self Portraits and Portraits


1) completely changing the angle that you shoot from can give your portrait a unique wow factor.

2) Framing your subject gives the image depth and draws the main focus to the subject.

3) You sometimes want to shoot people doing daily activities, where the subjects are not aware of the camera.
CASUAL PORTRAIT
I like this photo because the subject is only one person, and it is very clear that the man is the subject. I chose this photo because it is very content and peaceful because of the persons facial expression.


I like this photo because the subject is not stand or sitting, but  he is laying down . Also, it is in black in white which is something that draws attention to audience. I chose this photo because the black and white create emotion for the image, and the subject is not looking at the camera, or posing for the camera. 

SELF PORTRAIT
I like this photo because the subject is very serious, and adds colorful elements to the image which I think is really cool. Also, the subject is looking at the photo, which connects the viewer to the subject in a way. I chose this photo because it is simple, yet deep which is very appealing.

I think this photo is very interesting because the filter creates a dark mood and theme, and the expression on the persons face is very serious. I chose this photo because the subject is taking a picture of himself in a mirror or a window of some sort which is creative.
ENVIRONMENTAL PORTRAIT
I like this photo because the photo tells a story of someone whose daily job is one that is definitely abnormal, and it is awesome how someone was able to capture it. I chose this photo because the setting is not your everyday work conditions, and not your average citizen. It shows the woman in her working environment, doing what she does everyday, and it provides a little bit of depth.

I like this photo because this captures someone following their passion and doing what they love, which is sculpting.  The woman also seems unaware of the camera, and I really like that. I chose this because it represents an environmental portrait, with very nice elements that give emotion and mood to the audience.

MY PLAN

I plan to take one portrait of myself, and one environmental portrait of someone else. For myself, I am planning on taking a picture of me dancing outside. I will set up a camera somewhere, set a timer, and get a photo of me in some dance pose. This will represent me because dance is something very important in my life. To make it successful, I will have to make sure the lighting is very even, and the angle is appealing. For the environmental portrait, I plan to take a photo of my dad working in his office, not aware of the camera. This will show my dad doing his everyday tasks as a lawyer. Because offices tend to not have that much light, I will have to adjust to that to make the photo good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sports Portfolio Notes

HDR Preview

Landscape Photography